Belly fat has to be one of the most stubborn things., For this reason, most of our diets and workouts usually revolve around getting rid of belly fat.
Whether you want to lose belly fat to fit into your old jeans, make your abs visible, or keep various health issues at a distance, the journey won’t be easy.
To minimize this toil, many individuals make their way to elliptical machines. It has been known that workouts on an elliptical machine are incredibly advantageous for getting rid of belly fat.
But the question is, do ellipticals help lose belly fat in actuality? Read on to know the answer and other important things you should know for getting a flat stomach.
Read more: Do ellipticals help lose belly fat
Why is it Important to Lose Belly Fat
Other than ruining the body’s aesthetics, belly fat poses various health-related threats as well. Therefore, individuals with abdominal obesity are the least worried about belly fat is a cosmetic issue in most cases.
The reason for that is that belly fat is known to be one of the most health-risking fats.
Moreover, belly fat gives rise to numerous health issues, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases.
For this reason, it is crucial to get rid of the extra belly fat for everyone who yearns to lead a healthy life. However, losing excess belly fat is not easy at all.
Losing belly fat requires a great deal of effort and consistency. The hip-to-waist ratio of an individual greatly influences the reason being the accumulation of belly fat. Moreover, this ratio is mainly under the influence of the individual’s genetics.
Therefore, belly fat is quite notorious and takes a reasonable amount of time to be burned. However, you should never lose motivation and resign yourself from your workout routine.
In addition to that, never abandon your healthy diet too. While frustration will be your biggest enemy, the outcomes will undoubtedly be worth it.
Does Elliptical Machine Help Burn Belly Fat?
Here comes the most important question, do elliptical machines help lose belly fat? Since ellipticals help burn caloriesat great degrees, it is certainly helpful for losing belly fat.
Moreover, an elliptical machine also provides an extensive workout for both the upper and lower body. When the workout requires the functioning of both the upper and lower half of the body, more muscles work.
Therefore, workouts on an elliptical machine enable calorie burning, which further leads to burning belly fat.
However, it is crucial to take into account that the results wouldn’t be instantaneous. Hence, you will be required to be patient. Willing to get results as soon as possible? Here are some elliptical hacks for you.
- Increase the incline, resistance, and stride of your elliptical. This will increase the intensity of your workout; hence, more significant results in a shorter time.
- Give a shot to the interval workout, which means working out with a ratio of 2:1. You will need to do a high-intensity exercise for 30 minutes with a recovery period of 15 minutes. Similarly, if your high-intensity workout lasts for 50 minutes, the recovery period must be 30 minutes.
- Know your body type. It is significant to know that different bodies make a response to workouts differently. Therefore, you must figure out how much time your body requires to lose weight. The best way of doing so is by taking the help of a professional trainer.
How Much Time Should One Spend on an Elliptical
The duration of a workout on an elliptical usually varies from person to person. The duration of the workout will also depend on the goal one is willing to attain.
For instance, some individuals use an elliptical machine for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. While some use it to burn the calories they have consumes throughout the day.
Moreover, many people use an elliptical for training specific muscles. Therefore, depending on the user’s requirements, the duration of a workout on an elliptical can be different for everyone.
However, if you want to have a general idea about the duration of the workout, we would recommend you start with 10 minutes every day.
Once your body has gotten used to the routine, you can gradually increase the workout duration. You can increase the time for workouts up to 30-60 minutes. Moreover, if you are willing to use an elliptical for toning up your muscles, you will have to increase your workout duration even more.
Tips for Getting Rid of Belly Fat
Here are some effective tips that will help you lose belly fat in a small amount of time.
- Exercise on the elliptical bike daily. Even if you cannot work out daily, consider doing it at least two to three times a week.
- Keep the duration of your workout between thirty to forty minutes.
- Walk or jog every day for a minimum of thirty to forty-five minutes.
- Never set unrealistic fitness goals for yourself. Always go for short-term, realistic fitness goals.
- The above point also goes for your diet. Never set a strict diet plan for yourself, which you wouldn’t be able to follow later.
- Cut down your fat consumption as it significantly contributes to the consumption of belly fat. Avoid eating fried things like crisps and french fries.
- Reduce our sugar intake. Make sure you are not consuming confectioneries like chocolates, muffins, and cakes.
- Don’tDon’t consume a lot of cheese and ham
- Limit your sugar consumption. It is recommended to drink tea or coffee without sugar.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks or other sweetened drinks as they contain a great deal of added sugar.
- Put a stop to alcohol consumption. Even if you are consuming alcohol, make sure it is in a limited amount.
- Set a proper schedule for your meals.
- Never eat snacks between your meals.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Drink a cup of hot water with honey or thyme before breakfast.
- Have green tea or black tea for breakfast.
- Fix your sleep pattern. Make sure you are getting proper sleep, or else it can adversely impact your appetite and hunger.
- Always be persistent. That is the key to a successful weight loss journey.
Losing belly fat is not as effortless as one may think. This fact also leads us to wonder that do ellipticals help lose belly fat. Our answer would be, with the right amount of motivation, a good workout routine, and a healthy diet, you can surely get your dream body.
However, with the absence of any of these three things, you won’t be able to lose even an inch of belly fat despite spending hours on an elliptical machine.