Information we collect
Generally, without personal information, you may visit our Site. However, we may need to collect your personal information in order to use certain features of our Site. Examples include:
- When you create an account or a public user profile, we collect your user name, email address or telephone and password. You may be required to provide additional information for certain sites, such as your birth date or the type of vehicle you own. We collect additional information, such as profiling or information about your hobbies and interests, that you choose to add to your account or public user profile.
- When you buy a product or service on our Site, we collect your name, contact information, and payment card information (such as a subscription or classified advertisement).
- We will receive personal information, such as username of your user, email address, gender, public profile information, and any other information you have agreed to share with us, if you use an account on a social media channel to create an account on this Website or log in to our Site or if you interact with a service via the social media channels (for instance through a plug-in),
- Our Website may offer public forums or communication platforms that enable you to share information, information, content, pictures, photos, or videos with other users, posting opinions on surveys, or submitting reviews or ratings (collectively, your ‘Content’). The content of your public user profile will be related to yours. You have a public, unencrypted, and unconfidential user profile and your content. This means that others, including advertisers, can read and use it. The information you choose to submit in these public areas is not our responsibility. When you decide to disclose your personal information on our Website in public areas, you should be careful.
- We may collect personal data, including your name and contact information, answers to surveying questions or polls, or information you provide on an entry form if you are participating in an inquiry, poll, competition, or promotion.
- With your consent or as required or permitted by law, we may collect other personal data.
How we use the information we collect
In general, we use the personal information we collect to supply the product, service, feature, or information you have requested, including:
- Manage our Website and provide our services such as creating and managing accounts and making forum and communication platforms easy to use and enjoy;
- Enable specific geographic features like pricing and information in geographical areas;
- Payments to be processed;
- To notify and provide administrative notifications, update notices, legal notices, technical notices, and security alerts to you of changes in your account and services, terms, conditions, or policies on our Site;
- Personalize your user experience by tailoring the ads that you view to make them more useful and relevant to you;
- Conduct research and development, analyze, understand and improve our Sites, products, and services; trends and user behavior;
- To provide technical and other assistance to respond to your inquiries;
- To supply you with newsletters, information, offers, and other advertisements on us or our partner publicity;
- Facilitate your participation or a survey or poll in a competition or similar promotion;
- Fulfilling contractual duties;
- With or as authorized or required by law, for other purposes.
Cookies, tracking technologies, and interest-based advertising
We, our service providers, and third-party advertising partners use technologies that collect information from visitors to the Site automatically.
We collect information automatically on how you access, browse and exit our Website, including the Site you came from before your visit, which browser type and operating system you use, the IP address you use, your mobile device ID, or your Advertising ID when you visit this Website from a mobile device, the pages of our Site you navigate.
We may share this information with our partners and advertising partners who may take advantage of this information when you view other Websites, for optimizing the traffic it sends to us, and for delivering specific advertising to you.
We, our service providers and third-party advertising partners, collect information via cookies and other tracking technologies about site visitors (including browser cookies, pixels, and Adobe Flash). We use these technologies to remember your preferences and help you navigate our Site. We use these technologies.
We may also share with your advertising partners a hashed or encrypted version of your mail or telephone address so that custom advertising on our websites or third parties Web sites is provided for you. You cannot use your hashed or encrypted email address for any other purpose for these advertising partners.
- Most browsers enable you to choose whether or not you accept cookies if you prefer to not receive cookies: change your browser setting to inform when you receive a cookie;
- Deactivate current cookies;
- To automatically reject cookies, set your browser. In addition, you can set your email options so that images that may contain technology that enables us to see if you have accessed our mail and carried out certain functions are not automatically downloaded. You simply opt-out of our promotional communications to stop sharing your hazardous or encrypted email address with advertising partners.
A cookie is a small file requiring authorization to be placed on the hard drive of your computer. Upon approval, the file will be added, and the cookie will help analyze or let you know when you visit a website. Cookies enable web applications to respond personally to you. By collecting and remembering data on your preferences, the Web application can customize its business to your needs, likes, and dislikes.
To identify the pages used, we use traffic log cookies. This helps us to analyze web page traffic data and improve our Site to customize it.
In general, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, allowing us to check which pages are useful and which are not useful. A cookie does not give us access, except for the information that you choose to share with us, to your computer, or to information about you.
How we share your information
In the following circumstances, we may share information we gather about you.
In order to deliver services to us or you on behalf of us, we can use services providers (including members of this organization). Our service providers, for example, can host our Site, analyze data gathered from our Site, supply customer service on our behalf, administer our promotions, facilitate and process transactions, payments, or advertising assistance, distribute emails, send publicity (including online through targeted ad campaigns) and collect your fees. For the purpose of providing services to you and us alone, we share your personal data with our service providers.
Your personal information may not be used for other purposes. Some of our service providers, including those in the United States, are located outside Canada. Whilst your personal information is located outside Canada, it will be subject to the law for our service providers, such as, in certain circumstances, legitimate requirements for disclosure of personal information by national security agencies or government authorities.
With your consent
In other circumstances, we may disclose your personal information where the law or other legal procedure permits or requires. We may disclose, for example, your personal data:
(a) to collect a debt due to us;
(b) to adhere to a summons, warrant, court order, or any other legal proceedings;
(c) if an investigative body, a law enforcement official, or a government body with legal authority as to whether the information is disclosed in the context of an inquiry.
How we store and protect personal information
On our servers are kept personal information (or those of our service providers). To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information. For instance, your accounts on our sites are protected by passwords. We use SSL encryption to protect data transmissions in identified parts of our Website. We limit the access of staff, representatives, and service providers to personal information, which requires access as part of their work responsibilities. Please be aware that the data cannot be transmitted over the Internet with absolute security, and the security of your personal information cannot and cannot be guaranteed.
Links to external content
Our Sites are not intended and, unless requested in law – without preliminary parental consent verifiable – we do not knowingly request or collect personal information from children – people under 13 years of age or other age. We delete such information or, if it is not reasonable, we take reasonable available steps to disidentify the information when we are aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information about a child without a verifiable parental agreement.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
We encourage you to maintain accurate and up-to-date personal information. By logging into your account or profile and making the necessary modifications, you can log into and correct the information in your account and public user profile.
By contacting us as described below, you can request access to or correct your personal information in our custody or control. Before you access or correct your personal information, we may undertake reasonable steps to authenticate your identity. Please also note that in some cases, the personal information you requested may not be provided to you by us.
You can opt-out of our advertising by following the unsuccessful instructions included in every communication and/or by selecting your preference for communication on an account or profile.
If you change device settings, browser settings, or privacy settings, you may be able to check information received from your device or third parties (for example, social media networks).
The use of your personal data, subject to contractual or legal restrictions and reasonable notification, may be withdrawn from us.