Who doesn’t want to lose weight from the convenience of their home or gym? Especially during the pandemic because of staying indoors and low activity, many people now are actively looking for ways to lose weight.
A treadmill is a versatile cardio device that helps to reduce risk factors for developing heart disease, joint problems, diabetes, and chronic diseases.
It is a great aerobic exercise machine that helps you burn your calories and lose weight. The amount of weight reduction varies from person to person.
You can expect to reduce 6-10 pounds in 2 weeks if your body is carrying more body fat. Though this amount is little, still it is good to start with. Learn in this article the steps about How to Lose Weight on a Treadmill in 2 Weeks by using a treadmill. So, let’s begin with our guidelines.
Read more: How to Lose Weight on a Treadmill in 2 Weeks
What Treadmill to Choose for Losing Weight?
As your primary goal is to lose weight; so, you can choose any budget treadmill that works for you. Choose a treadmill that:
- is suitable for walkers.
- has an incline of 15% maximum.
- has an appropriate weight capacity.
However, if your weight is above 350 pounds; then, it is recommended to choose Sole Fitness F80. This treadmill can easily accommodate people up to 375 pounds. If your weight lies between 300-350 pounds then consider choosing the following treadmills:
- ProForm 505 CST Treadmill.
- ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill.
- LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill, etc.
Steps for Losing Weight on a Treadmill in 2 Weeks:
Week 1: Start with a moderate-intensity workout
Start your first week with a moderate-intensity workout. Though high-intensity workout is more effective, small to moderate-intensity workouts are also better.
The moderate-intensity workout for 60 minutes is specifically good for fat loss. If you are a beginner then do not jump to a high-intensity workout because you will get tired. Do not forget to follow these tips in this regard:
- Burn at least 300-400 calories depending upon your weight and speed.
- You can also break this 60-minute session into 2 sessions of 30 minutes each.
- After a warm-up session of 10 minutes, increase your speed of the brisk walk. Make sure that your heart rate is 60-70% during this session. Also, keep monitoring your heart rate on your treadmill. You can also use a heart rate calculator to know your target numbers.
Afterward, go for an easy healthy walk.
As you invested 60 minutes on the prior day; so, have an easy walk of 30 minutes on this day. Aim for a heart rate of 50-60% and keep an easy pace to reach your goal. During this workout, focus on the following things:
- Walking posture.
- Body stability.
- Upper body workout.
- Keep interesting things with you while doing exercises like the exercise bands or dumbbells.
Don’t miss the treadmill hill workout
When you choose the incline feature of your treadmill, you can burn more calories per minute. If your chosen treadmill has pre-programmed hill workouts, choose one of them every day. You can also go for hill intervals or a steady climb to aid in your weight loss journey. A simple tip is:
- Aim for a 45-minute hill work so that you can do it for at least 30 minutes.
- Your heart rate should be around 75-85% during this workout session.
Then do a moderate health walk with speed intervals workout
At this step, walk at a moderate pace for around 30 minutes. You must feel like you are working but working very hard is not required at this step. Keep it at a moderate level. Consider the following tips at this step:
- Choose the 12-14 range on the RPE scale. The RPE reading is abbreviated as Rating of Perceived Exertion. It is a way of measuring your physical activity intensity level. So, keep a good track of this measurement.
- The workout intensity should be sustainable and consistent.
- Choose your favorite ab exercises at this step. You can consider plank, ab curls, or standing abdominal exercises in this regard.
- Also, do a speed interval workout that is usually pre-programmed in many treadmills. A good tip is to speed up for around 30-60 seconds, then, recover yourself for 2 minutes. However, if your treadmill does not have a speed interval program then you can alternate your speed manually. Increase or decrease it as per your requirement.
Finally, do a distance workout
Do a distance workout by walking for at least an hour at a speed that you are comfortable with. You can listen to a podcast during this distance workout or watch your favorite talk show. Apart from weight loss benefits, the distance workout is also beneficial for:
- strengthening your heart.
- lowering the cholesterol level.
- mental health.
- lowering the blood pressure.
- diabetes, etc.
Week 2: Repeat the above-given steps as per your schedule.
In the second week, repeat the same steps and explore the different pre-programmed workouts on your treadmill. Also, control the amount of food that you eat. Consider choosing healthy options for weight loss along with using the treadmill.
Reduce your calories intake by at least 200 calories per day and burn extra 300 calories while exercising. It is recommended to achieve a 500-calorie-per-day deficit every day to reduce at least one or two pounds this week.
Also, work on your walking posture to get better results. You can even burn more calories by walking faster. You can also increase your heart rate into your desired exertion zone by using more speed and incline.
Treadmill Exercises for Weight Loss:
The treadmill exercises are effective for weight loss, strengthening your muscles, bones, and overall quality of life. Here is the list of a few treadmill exercises that will aid in your weight loss program:
- HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) exercise.
Few More Tips for Better Results
- Wear comfortable clothes to feel at ease.
- Do not stress out because weight loss takes time.
- Have fun alongside and do not forget to watch comedy shows during your workout.
- Keep a food diary and monitor what you eat and count your calories intake.
Be consistent in your weight loss journey and never lose hope. Always remember that a slow weight loss program is better than an abrupt program. Best of Luck.